Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Share | 

Febuary Contest (discussion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Well, so if you have not already heard, me and Rook from the CABG have been talking about getting a contest together. I am confident it will work if we can get brickark to join in, it will be a lot of fun.

Rook wrote:
Hey Dutch not sure if LB got a chance to talk to you yet but LB would like to a contest will all 3 forums. If you're interested users could enter 1, 2, or 3 of the contests using the same MOC. If CABG does MOD madness, LSW does traditional polls, and you guys could do whichever or other voting system then we would probably end up with 3 different winners. Here's what the post would look like here on CABG. You guys may need to edit slightly for your forums but the Main rules and deadlines should be the same.

Quote :

3 Forums, 3 Contests, 1 Entry per Forum: "Triple" your chances to win.
(Users can use same entry for all 3 contests/forums.

CABG CORPS Battle Challenge! Gone Wild!

Create a new MOC of a Star Fighter for your main Corps Character/SigFig.

Clone Army Builders Guild & Lego Star Wars Forum & Brick Ark

Rules:
1. Build a star ship for your main Corps Character/SigFig.
2. Lego elements only. No MegaBlocks or other major brand.
3. MOCs must be posted between February 1st 12:00am and March 31st 11:59pm GMT.
4. You must post at least TWO pictures of your MOC in this thread. ONE of the SHIP and ONE of your main Corps Character/SigFig.
5. You must have a link to your photo Gallery and/or CABG topic.
6. One entry per forum per person.
7. No size or piece limit.
8. Prizes are pending per each forum. Should their be a prize(s) on CABG, you must be 13 years old or have consent from parent/guardian to receive prize.
9. BrickArms, BrickForge, K.A.M, and other small business customized elements permitted.
10. You can revise you're entry as many times as you need to until end of contest.
11. Forum(s) and forum staff are not responsible for items lost or stolen in the mail.

Good luck guys!!! You have just under 2 months!

CABG will be hold a MOC Madness style voting system.
All entries will be randomly selected to challenge other entries. In to 8 polls if number of entries is 16 or greater; 4 polls if number of entries is 8-15; or 2 polls if number of entries is 7 or less. Names of entries will literally be pout in a hat a video taped and posted so that there will no question of "random selection" process. Winners of each poll progress to the next round of polls where the process will repeat until a winner is declared.

Note: I have added Rook To this discussion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lswforum.net
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Okay, so each forum has it's own voting? Meaning someone can win/lose on all three?
Sounds fun! I think it is a great idea! Any plans for the prizes yet?
Also, for the random part, maybe we should just do the "random.com" thing. Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Rook

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Does random.com allow you input names or is just a number generator. I've used it for numbers and was/am unaware that you could do names. Or do just assign numbers to each name have it pump them out into columns.

PS: I've edited in our CABG staff area to say Random.com because if I remember it's set to pick lotto/bingo numbers and put them into as many columns as you choose.

Last edited by Rook on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Yeah, each person is assigned a number, in the order they entered, and then we just do the random.com numbers, however, I bet there is a place where you enter names, and it randomly selects one...

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
Rook

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Yeah numbers work. I had forgotten about it being able to do the columns thing. I want to be able to do a print screen thing then so that users know that they were randomly selected. That's what I didn't like about FBTB. You just had to take their word for it. I like evidence based trust. Wink
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Rook wrote:
Yeah numbers work. I had forgotten about it being able to do the columns thing. I want to be able to do a print screen thing then so that users know that they were randomly selected. That's what I didn't like about FBTB. You just had to take their word for it. I like evidence based trust. Wink

Okay, glad we figured that out, but do we have donations for the Prizes? I can donate a Custom Clone Pilot Rod for a prize. Who is in charge of the prizes?

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:06 pm

I won't interfere with the number generator.

The_Custom_One wrote:
Okay, so each forum has it's own voting? Meaning someone can win/lose on all three?

8ball will be donating the prizes. Rook, I think you need to meet 8ball. He is one of those AFOLs. Wink

-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 pm

LazerBlade wrote:
I won't interfere with the number generator.

The_Custom_One wrote:

8ball will be donating the prizes. Rook, I think you need to meet 8ball. He is one of those AFOLs. Wink

Okay, I would still be willing to donate one of the prizes though, just to make his job easier.

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Well, he already bought the prizes.

So should we do 2 winners for the sig fig contest here on LSWForum? And what is the prize situation on CABG? I am also wondering if you are going to have the sig fig contest on CABG too. If so, I think the non guildies should enter that one.

-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:22 pm

I am also willing to donate a prize. On CABG only the Guildies will be allowed to post entries, correct?

Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Fithboy wrote:
I am also willing to donate a prize. On CABG only the Guildies will be allowed to post entries, correct?

I think we should tune down the prizes to just 1 winner. Embarassed And Rook, I think you should have one for the non guildies too. Wink

-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm

LazerBlade wrote:
Fithboy wrote:

I think we should tune down the prizes to just 1 winner. Embarassed And Rook, I think you should have one for the non guildies too. Wink

Actually, I like the idea of 3 winners on each forum, it makes it fun, and not as disappointing for those that aren't as great, entering. If you know what I mean.

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
Blackicep8ntball

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Wow I'm impressed. Looks like you guys have already put a lot of the legwork down. I think this is a fantastic idea - very original, and I think it will garner a lot of attention. Let me know where/how I can help!

And Rook - nice to meet you - I'm a big fan of your work. We've competed before in at least one contest (which you solidly beat me out in Wink ), but I haven't interacted with you otherwise. It'll be a pleasure working with you.

Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Okay, I am now confused. Is the Sig-Fig contest a part of this one? Or is it separate?

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 pm

It is separate but goes along with the contest going to be hosted on CABG (ship contest).

-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
Rook

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

Ok looks like there was tons of questions there for me but looks like you might have figured them out on your own. I think MikeZ is planning prizes for 1st and 2nd place for CABG. But as far as prizes here LSW that would be up to 8ball. I'd recommend 1st and 2nd place. And if he's feeling generous add a third place prize too, but when I host contests I rarely do third place prizes because of the cost of shipping from Canada. Embarassed It usually cost about the same in Lego as it does in shipping. Did I mention I hate the cost of everything here! Razz

@8ball: Yes I believe it was MOC Madness on FBTB. A very joyous day for me winning/losing 2nd place against the all powerful Cole Bl♠q.

Regarding the Contest/Contests

It might be cool in on this forum you guys actually split the contest entries into 2 separate polls and vote on the MiniFigure and spearately on the ship. If 8ball would 1st place prize for each that would be cool.

CABG voting MOC Madness Style
LSW voting Split Poll (1 Ship & 1 MiniFig)
Brick Ark voting Traditional Style

Should hopefully produce different results all using the same entry(s). While helping to increase the number of users on the smaller forums.
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 am

Well, still NO word from BrickArk. I am going to send another message. Smile

EDIT: I say you edited your post Rook. That sounds good. Smile But I did not think we where doing the ship contest. lol But I think we should Very Happy

-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Febuary Contest (discussion)   

Back to top Go down

Febuary Contest (discussion)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1