Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Share | 

Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fithboy

PostSubject: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 am

A clone ponders over why he was created, why he has to blow up droids and why he has to watch his brothers be killed:

Gallery

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE

Last edited by Fithboy on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackicep8ntball

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:16 am

This is a thought provoking build, Fifth. I like the simplicity, the quality of the rockwork, and the way the scene allows you to relate to this fella.

I do have to wonder, though, why you posted the first picture? It looks like it's the same angle as the second, only it's blurry and dark. I think you can delete it entirely and be better off Smile.

Nice scene!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 am

It's supposed to be in the night. I'll delete it anyway though because of the blur.

Back to top Go down
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:23 pm

This looks very nice Fith. I like all the nature around it, such as the layered hill and the cliff. Smile

My flickr
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks Bl*c! That's good coming from you!

Back to top Go down
Alpha Beta

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 pm

I have to disagree. First, I understand what you are doing with the rocks, different colors mean different kinds of rocks, but I just don't like it. Make the different kind of rocks appear everywhere, not just in one place. Also, what is with the white? It is supposed to be foam? I think it is weird looking. Finally, the slopes in the rocks look weird too, some change very drastically, while others are straight almost all the way down. I again understand the concept, but just don't like it, especially that 1x1 tile, just there. Remember, this is just my opinion, and overall, it is still pretty good, it just holds room for improvement in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Rook

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 pm

1. Not sure what that is on his head.
2. Ask yourself these questions: Why does he have the helmet off? Then: Why is the helmet just on the ground?
3. There's just 2 pieces of grass up here. Needs more.
4. Almost straight edge gives little to the imagination.
5. Water is too square. Break it up! (2x1 blue tile, 2x1 blue tile, 2x1 white foam, 2x1 blue tile, then closest row use 4, 2x1 blue tiles. This will give you some needed texture to the water without changing your style.)

PS: Foam awesome. But again ask yourself why. What is this story I'm trying to tell with this image.

I get girlie haired clone takes off helmet and contemplates his life as he looks at the ocean. If that's story you're telling great. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks, Rook. That is the story I'm trying to put over, apart from the girly haired bit Razz. The hair is supposed to be blowing in the wind!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)   

Back to top Go down

Why? (I also hate the 10 character rule!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1