Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!


The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum
 
HomeIndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Share | 
 

 Contest entry for round 4: Busted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors
avatar

Posts : 158
Age : 21
Location : Under your bed...

PostSubject: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am

For some clones and battle droids, they didn't want to go to war, they wanted to follow their hearts' desire, they wanted to PARTY!....



Untill the one fatal day someone forgot to lock the door....


Gallery link coming soon!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 21
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 am

Not bad, pretty funny too. However, the different kinds of greys really messes it up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Fithboy
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1039
Age : 21
Location : The spinny-round chair

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 am

Wait a second.... this is almost the same as one of your last MOCs in this Contest :O!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE
Back to top Go down
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors
avatar

Posts : 158
Age : 21
Location : Under your bed...

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 pm

This week was my Dad's 50th bithday week so we spent the weekend at San Fransico. Giving me less than 2 days to wip up something funny. That's why it's so similar to my last MOC. Do the grey bricks really look that bad? Neutral

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 21
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:29 pm

C. Stone wrote:
This week was my Dad's 50th bithday week so we spent the weekend at San Fransico. Giving me less than 2 days to wip up something funny. That's why it's so similar to my last MOC. Do the grey bricks really look that bad? Neutral

Yeah, it doesn't look nearly as good as if it was built with one type of grey.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Fithboy
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1039
Age : 21
Location : The spinny-round chair

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 am

Sorry, I didn't know it was your dad's B-Day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE
Back to top Go down
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors
avatar

Posts : 158
Age : 21
Location : Under your bed...

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 am

^It's okay. I had orignally planned for it to have multi-colored floor lights and a disco-ball, but time did not allow for that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
Alpha Beta

avatar

Posts : 36
Age : 20
Location : Where you least expect

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Pretty good, the walls could use a little detailing though. Wink
Typo Wink- Fith.
Back to top Go down
Blackicep8ntball

avatar

Posts : 85
Age : 31
Location : Carolinas

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm

It's not a bad build, C. Stone - I like the idea of Clone Troops getting down with the droids.

However, I have to agree that it looks too much like your earlier MOC, which could hurt you in the contest. One quality people look for in contests like these is originality, and if they see something they've seen before, it doesn't spark the same excitement or enthusiasm. Some things you could probably do to make this MOC look distinct from the first one would be to change up the floor colors a little (maybe go for different color tiles over the grey). Also, you could take the clone troopers' helmets off and perhaps throw some party-looking heads on them to make it a little less formal (who parties with their work hat on? Wink )

Anyway, glad to see you're keeping active - keep building and you'll keep improving!



______________________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors
avatar

Posts : 158
Age : 21
Location : Under your bed...

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for the comments!
Blackicep8ntball wrote:
It's not a bad build, C. Stone - I like the idea of Clone Troops getting down with the droids.

However, I have to agree that it looks too much like your earlier MOC, which could hurt you in the contest. One quality people look for in contests like these is originality, and if they see something they've seen before, it doesn't spark the same excitement or enthusiasm. Some things you could probably do to make this MOC look distinct from the first one would be to change up the floor colors a little (maybe go for different color tiles over the grey). Also, you could take the clone troopers' helmets off and perhaps throw some party-looking heads on them to make it a little less formal (who parties with their work hat on? Wink )

Anyway, glad to see you're keeping active - keep building and you'll keep improving!


Thanks, I'll keep those tips in mind. But did you read the previous comments?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
Blackicep8ntball

avatar

Posts : 85
Age : 31
Location : Carolinas

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 pm

C. Stone wrote:

Thanks, I'll keep those tips in mind. But did you read the previous comments?

Haha I did Smile. I know it's hard to throw something together with limited time. I tried to keep those ideas to things that could have been done even with just a little time (i.e. just changing tile color and taking of the helmets takes only a couple minutes Wink). But I gotta say you did a solid job with the limited time. Happy bday to your dad!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors
avatar

Posts : 158
Age : 21
Location : Under your bed...

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 am

Blackicep8ntball wrote:
C. Stone wrote:

Thanks, I'll keep those tips in mind. But did you read the previous comments?

Haha I did Smile. I know it's hard to throw something together with limited time. I tried to keep those ideas to things that could have been done even with just a little time (i.e. just changing tile color and taking of the helmets takes only a couple minutes Wink). But I gotta say you did a solid job with the limited time. Happy bday to your dad!
Thanks!


Wait a second, since when did you become a staff member?! Curses'! I wanted that position! Mad Oh-well, Razz .

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
Blackicep8ntball

avatar

Posts : 85
Age : 31
Location : Carolinas

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:31 am

C. Stone wrote:

Wait a second, since when did you become a staff member?! Curses'! I wanted that position! Mad Oh-well, Razz .

I'm the newest member to the team Cool. Don't give up on aiming for a staff spot though - if you stay active and helpful on the forum, I imagine people will notice and eventually you could see a spot open up (even if it's not on this forum!). I didn't get the initial staff spot I wanted at another website, but then this one opened up. You never know.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
Fithboy
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1039
Age : 21
Location : The spinny-round chair

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:04 pm

At the moment he's trial staff- if it doesn't go well he'll be back to a normal member, but hopefully he'll be able to stay on Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE
Back to top Go down
Tommy Uyttebroeck

avatar

Posts : 49
Age : 21
Location : Middle Of Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Disco, disco, disco!!!!!
Let's shake those babes Razz!!!

And I hope you know what I mean with this text!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Contest entry for round 4: Busted!   

Back to top Go down
 
Contest entry for round 4: Busted!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Olympic Jigsaw Puzzle Contest!-Round 7
» Mai-Multiverse Calendar Contest 2011 on deviantART
» Entry #34 Discussion
» Entry #29 Discussion
» Build Your City Contest - Voting

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussions :: Creations :: Clone Wars Creations-
Jump to: