Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Share | 

Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Here is my entry for round 3:

Round 3: "Rookies" bignette

Round 3: "Rookies" bignette

Flickr Gallery
C&C Welcome!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~ Founder of the 810th Black Night Legion 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_stone/
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:48 am

Wow! I really like this! Very good design!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something BLUE
Back to top Go down
Harahk

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:27 pm

That really cool! Great job! I especially like the moon and stars blanket. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Nice job, a little simplistic, but nice. Wink

<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Nice job, this is like 2nd place here.
Back to top Go down
troopmaker

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:47 am

Hey guys I'm new here, although some of you may have seen me in the Cabg .Well, the vig 's really nice but you should the earth gray pieces and put bley ones instead. Also take a better picture edit it and it. Then it's gonna be reeeeally cool.

Work on your spaces - Fith.
Back to top Go down
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 am

Don't greet your self here.
Back to top Go down
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks alot everyone!
troopmaker wrote:
Hey guys I 'm new here , althought some of you may have seen me in the Cabg. Well , the vig's really nice but you should the earth gray pieces and put bley ones instead. Also take a better picture edit it and it.Then , it's gonna be reeeeally cool
Well dude, I would've if I could've. You see, I have a medium sized Lego collection with mostly colorful bricks, which are not of any use to me. I used every grey tile I have for this bignette, and if you check out the gallery link, You'll see I didn't even have enough grey tiles for the back. Also, what's wrong with the photo's?

Back to top Go down
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:23 pm

They look really thin if you don't click 'Enlarge Image.'

My flickr
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
C. Stone
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 pm

bl*c wrote:
They look really thin if you don't click 'Enlarge Image.'
Yah, It's some weird thing with this site and Flickr.

Back to top Go down
Blackicep8ntball

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:09 pm

You've got a solid foundation with this build, C. Stone - the doorway in particular is well built, and the lights on the left and right edges of the vignette are a nice touch. I like the way you included screenshots from the game so we could see the scene you were creating. Your photography from the clone trooper's perspective is very well done too - it gives depth and a sense of action to the scene.

I do have to agree with troopmaker's comment about the dark grey/bley colors, although I think the only real distraction is the two 1x6 dark grey tiles visible in the first shot. I certainly understand the limitations of a small collection, but perhaps you could switch them out with bley tiles some place less visible in the scene, or otherwise shift the tiles around so the dark grey tiles fit into a pattern instead of looking randomly out of place on the floor Very Happy: . Just a thought!

Nice work though, and looking forward to seeing some more creations from you!

Flickr MOCPages
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette   

Back to top Go down

Contest entry Round 3: "Rookies" bignette
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1