Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!


The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum
 
HomeIndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Share | 
 

 SW Technical Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Caedus

avatar

Posts : 518
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: SW Technical Talk   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:40 pm

This topic is for talk about the Star Wars technology, like lightsabers and stuff.



To start us off, let's discuss jetpacks. I think the jetpacks in Star Wars are powered by highly compressed gas, which upon ignition provides the thrust in the form of kinetic energy for lifting off the ground. Starting the jetpack ignites a small amount of gas, then the output and steering are controlled by a power lever and by adding more power to either side of the thrust nozzles. Does that sound good?
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1176
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I think it does. I never thought about that. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________
-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lswforum.net
Darth Caedus

avatar

Posts : 518
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:37 am

Well, I need everyone's intellectual opinions on this, so please tell me what you think then we can move on to other technology
Back to top Go down
Darth Lego

avatar

Posts : 3
Location : Bespin

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 am

I read somewhere that lightsabers are pure units of heat. But strangly, they don't emit any heat if you put your hand right next to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 pm

I think that since this is all Science Fiction I think They could be made out of anything.
Even something we don't even know of.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
aquabug1998

avatar

Posts : 23
Age : 21
Location : Kyrimorut

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 pm

I think a Mando jetpack is activated by a series of blinks or clicks with the teeth, since this is very common in activating and locking comm channels and certain weapons.
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 pm

aquabug1998 wrote:
I think a Mando jetpack is activated by a series of blinks or clicks with the teeth, since this is very common in activating and locking comm channels and certain weapons.

That's funny.

I think jet-packs are made out of Lego! :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
aquabug1998

avatar

Posts : 23
Age : 21
Location : Kyrimorut

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Heh, nice.

Did you not read the rules before joining? MINIMUM 5 WORDS PER POST.T_C
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1176
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Anyone know how they cloned clones?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
-LazerBlade

My Flickr!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lswforum.net
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm

The Kaminoians used Jango Fett as a base, and then somehow duplicated his DNA to create the clones.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Darth Caedus

avatar

Posts : 518
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah. Boba Fett was a pure genetic replica of his father, without any genetic alteration.
Back to top Go down
Darth ECLIPSE
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
avatar

Posts : 40
Age : 37
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm

You don't need opinions if this is technical talk. You would like facts.

Jetpacks were usually worn on the back, and controlled by a wrist-mounted device or through verbal commands issued into a visor or helmet. To launch, a jetpack funneled both air and fuel through miniaturized turbines. In the device's intake system, the air-fuel mix was ignited, providing the thrust needed to propel the wearer through the air. They were not reliable for use in zero, low or high atmospheric situations, since they required atmospheric gases to produce thrust[1]. The launch of most jetpacks was also accompanied by a cloud of exhaust - useful for quick getaways requiring a handy smoke screen.
In flight, directional exhaust nozzles controlled the user's flight path, while a gyrostabilizer counterbalanced the jetpack's velocity for descent. Jetpacks were considered impractical for public use: downsides to the jetpack's agility included the device's thirty-kilo weight, and the fact that most models could carry enough fuel for around twenty bursts of thrust.
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Wow! :affraid: that's quite a mouthful! Thanks, that explains everything now!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Darth ECLIPSE
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
avatar

Posts : 40
Age : 37
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Razz Would love to take the credit but there IS a source for SW info.

starwars.wikia.com

You will find ALMOST everything you need.
Back to top Go down
TJ



Posts : 667
Age : 21
Location : Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that website called wookieepedia.com.
Back to top Go down
PrivateAllen
Decalers
avatar

Posts : 61
Age : 23
Location : Kamino

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 am

What about black lightsabers? Where do you think they find the black crystals?


Please do not use abbreviations like u or r - Fith.
Back to top Go down
http://startrekstarwarsfanclub.shutterfly.com
Darth ECLIPSE
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
avatar

Posts : 40
Age : 37
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 am

PrivateAllen wrote:
What about black lightsabers? Where do u think they find the black crystals?

Black lightsabers? Do you mean the blade that the death watchers had from the jedi temple? Found during , i believe, the sith wars?
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:02 am

Hmmm...... those sound interesting, I think there might of been multiple colors in the crystals., other then the ones that are most popular.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Darth ECLIPSE
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
avatar

Posts : 40
Age : 37
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm

I am assuming we are talking about the same saber so:

The Darksaber was an ancient lightsaber that was stolen by the Mandalorians during the downfall of the Galactic Republic. It was eventually passed down to the Mandalorian Death Watch member Pre Vizsla. It had a unique black blade that was flattened and came to a point like a traditional vibroblade, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers; it also hummed at a higher pitch than a standard lightsaber.

This lightsaber had many unique features that distinguished it from almost all other known lightsabers. The hilt was slightly longer than the standard saber length. The blade was flattened and pointed making its general shape closer to a vibroblade in appearance. The blade color was black which is unique in itself. However, the more interestingly, the core of the blade was black and the edges glowed white. This is opposite to all other known blade colors, where the central core is white and the edges glow in the specific color

Since it doesn't say where the crystal came from here is my theory behind it.

If you study the origin of Diamonds you will know that diamonds are white in nature, the clearer, the better. But where do they come from? Compressed coal over a long period of time.

Now these are 2 theories since I don't know if anyone used a diamond in SW yet for there sabers so it will be one of my theories.

I believe, since the dark saber also takes on a different form, that instead of a crystal at the core it has a coal. The black center with the white glow around it is because of the black coal and the white is from the diamond center.

Another idea is that it is just a white diamond and when focused all the colors that the diamond produces is focused into a black beam.

I like the coal idea better:P.
Back to top Go down
Clone Marine

avatar

Posts : 85
Age : 23
Location : Check your pantry...

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Anybody know how the Death Star lasers work? And where are that things engins?
Back to top Go down
commandercody007

avatar

Posts : 10
Age : 22
Location : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:02 pm

i think it sounds spot on, one of the other things about the jetpack is that there is a special retainer mandalorian bounty hunters wore and they would use thier tongue to controll their path with the retainer, i thought that was cool too
Back to top Go down
Darth ECLIPSE
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
avatar

Posts : 40
Age : 37
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 pm

The Death Stars, the Galactic Empire's ultimate terror weapons, were battle stations several hundred kilometers in diameter and mounting a directed energy superlaser capable of completely destroying a planet with a single shot along with 15000 lasers, ion, turbolasers batteries, and heavy turbolasers in all plus an additional 768 tractor beam emplacements. However, the first Death Star's defenses were not tight enough to stop starfighters from penetrating them.

also:

The 501st Legion was sent to Mygeeto during the Clone Wars to collect an ancient Mygeetan crystal which was an experimental power source that the Chancellor required for a top-secret tributary laser-stream project codenamed "Hammertong," which would be used on the first Death Star.
Darth Sidious later ordered the Death Star's construction after the Galactic Empire was formed, in order to secure his new-formed absolute power. Wilhuff Tarkin was appointed to mastermind the secret development project, though other stories have it that Raith Sienar was the superweapon's creator. Tarkin's creative work and thought resulted in the realization of the Death Star as the Empire's ultimate weapon.




Facilitating the Death Star's realspace propulsion were a network of powerful ion engines that transformed reactor power into needed thrust. In order for the Death Star to be a deadly threat, it needed to be mobile. Using linked banks of 123 hyperdrive field generators tied into a single navigational matrix, the Death Star could travel across the Galaxy at superluminal velocities. The incredible energies harnessed by the station combined with its great mass gave the Death Star magnetic and artificial gravitational fields equal to those found on orbital bodies many times greater in size.
The Death Star's superlaser derived power directly from the hypermatter reactor. Its faceted amplification crystal combined the destructive power of eight separate tributary beams into one single blast with the intensity of a stellar core. Though the energy output of this blast could be scaled to fire at smaller targets such as capital ships, as was the case during the Rebel assault on the second Death Star, the two major instances in which the superlaser was fired were at full power at planetary bodies.

My understanding would be that the engines were around the trenches in the death star.
Back to top Go down
PrivateAllen
Decalers
avatar

Posts : 61
Age : 23
Location : Kamino

PostSubject: This darksaber is the greatest lightsaber ever   Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Darth ECLIPSE wrote:
I am assuming we are talking about the same saber so:

The Darksaber was an ancient lightsaber that was stolen by the Mandalorians during the downfall of the Galactic Republic. It was eventually passed down to the Mandalorian Death Watch member Pre Vizsla. It had a unique black blade that was flattened and came to a point like a traditional vibroblade, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers; it also hummed at a higher pitch than a standard lightsaber.

This lightsaber had many unique features that distinguished it from almost all other known lightsabers. The hilt was slightly longer than the standard saber length. The blade was flattened and pointed making its general shape closer to a vibroblade in appearance. The blade color was black which is unique in itself. However, the more interestingly, the core of the blade was black and the edges glowed white. This is opposite to all other known blade colors, where the central core is white and the edges glow in the specific color

Since it doesn't say where the crystal came from here is my theory behind it.

If you study the origin of Diamonds you will know that diamonds are white in nature, the clearer, the better. But where do they come from? Compressed coal over a long period of time.

Now these are 2 theories since I don't know if anyone used a diamond in SW yet for there sabers so it will be one of my theories.

I believe, since the dark saber also takes on a different form, that instead of a crystal at the core it has a coal. The black center with the white glow around it is because of the black coal and the white is from the diamond center.

Another idea is that it is just a white diamond and when focused all the colors that the diamond produces is focused into a black beam.

I like the coal idea better:P.
Back to top Go down
http://startrekstarwarsfanclub.shutterfly.com
Darth Caedus

avatar

Posts : 518
Age : 22
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am

The Death Star's main superlaser was actually composed of several powerful lasers which all shot at once, then merged togther at a precise focal point. Then the enormously powerful main laser which was formed would fire at its target. However, very accurate and precise calculations were needed, otherwise the firing could be skewed and one or more of the lasers might not merge with the focal point, thus lessening the power and debilitating the accuracy of the superlaser.
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
avatar

Posts : 1903
Age : 22
Location : I am from the Great UNKNOWN!

PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am

Darth Caedus wrote:
The Death Star's main superlaser was actually composed of several powerful lasers which all shot at once, then merged togther at a precise focal point. Then the enormously powerful main laser which was formed would fire at its target. However, very accurate and precise calculations were needed, otherwise the firing could be skewed and one or more of the lasers might not merge with the focal point, thus lessening the power and debilitating the accuracy of the superlaser.

Yeah, as you can see in the Lego Death Star set, all the beams come together at one point, then go out as a single laser.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
<><
Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SW Technical Talk   

Back to top Go down
 
SW Technical Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lets talk a little about Death Note
» Naruto's "talk no Jutsu" to Nagato
» Melissa Gilbert on "The Talk"
» DCC on Traction Talk Forum plus some other bits.
» Spotted on Traction talk

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussions :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: